When writing the story of your own life, don’t let someone else hold the pen!
Though many authors have been credited with such great words, it’s absolutely true! Whether through my poetry, personal essays, or even my lesson plans, one of my primary goals to make sure my authentic voice shines through.
Take a peek at some of my work here:
- My Minister Been Black: An Analysis of Hermione Granger, Black Girls Create
- Nerd Love in the Time of Social Distancing, Black Girls Create
- Have a Biscuit, Professor McGonagall, Black Girls Create
- We Are the Resistance with Our Fandom Activism, Nerdist
- I Don’t Do Cross Words, But I Do Crosswords, Carefree Magazine